BA PSYCH (Double Major in Psychology), BPSYCH (Psychology Honours)
- Bachelor of Arts (Double Major in Psychology)
- Bachelor of Psychology ( Honours)
- Associate Member of the Australian Psychological Society
Rick works with adults, older adults, women and men.
- Extensive training and experience in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy [CBT] and Advanced training and experience in Acceptance and Commitment Therapy [ACT].
- Certified training in Interpersonal Therapy [IPT] and Relationship Issues.
Rick has worked in both QLD Health for 8 years in the clinical treatment teams, and most recently for the last 6 years in private practice. Rick has many years of clinical and counselling experience with adults will be of benefit if you experience any of the following:
- Discovering your true Identity. How to find yours
- Making Peace with Anxiety and being Victorious.
- Understanding why you have them and how to conquer them.
- What is the Purpose of Depression and how to overcome it.
- Stress/Burnout. Simple strategies that work.
- Trauma or Abuse.
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.
- Work Place Bullying. Discover what HR doesn’t tell you.
- Anger Management. It’s not always wrong to be Angry.
- How to feel Equal.
- How to be Capable, Worthy and Lovable.
- Finding Direction and Purpose.
- How to Increase Self-Esteem and Self-Worth. It is not Arrogant or Selfish.
- Relationship Issues. Understanding and Benefiting from the Hidden Rules.
- Problem Solving. Unlocking the emotional secrets that allow progress.
Rick strongly believes in truly listening to your needs, helping you to feel comfortable and valued, and to instilling hope and direction, regardless of who you are and what issues you are challenged by. Rick believes that all parts of your life are interconnected and that these parts need to be considered holistically when restoring your health. Rick has vast experience in helping people to choose the correct psycho-therapy and strategies for their unique situation. He also has a strong interest in the relationship between a person’s physical and psychological health.
Rick Bird – Psychologist, Husband, Parent, Student of Life, backyard Engineer – loves Latin Dancing.
Approach to Therapy
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Interpersonal Psychotherapy (IPT)
- Relationship counselling
Full list of services provided
- General Counselling
- General Psychology
- Grief and Loss
- Identity Problems
- Men’s Issues
- Mental Health
- Mental Illness
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Panic Attacks
- Panic Disorder
- Physical Abuse
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Relaxation Training
- Self Esteem and Self Development
- Sexual Abuse
- Sleep Disorders
- Stress Workplace Bullying